How do I love thee, Fried Pickles? Let me count the ways! Fried pickles are the ultimate Southern Snack, and at least to me they surpass fried green tomatoes by miles. The problem is, I rarely fry anything and we at least TRY to eat mostly healthy food around here. For a while I’ve been wondering… could I Oven Fry Pickles, kind of like chicken? Today I tried making them and barely had time to photograph the result! My hooligans devoured them and asked for more!
I’ve seen some recipes online for Oven Fried Pickles that are a bit complicated and involved. This version takes just a few minutes!
I am totally brand loyal on this one; I have to use my Claussen Spicy Pickle Chips in this Easy Oven Fried Pickles recipe! (Update: these are now discontinued so I’m now using regular Claussen pickle chips in the recipe, it’s still amazing!)
The secret to making them nice and crunchy is Panko bread crumbs, which are among my top ten pantry go-to items. Panko crumbs are so light and airy; they make all kinds of baked foods taste like they are lightly fried.
You can order them here on Amazon.
Sign up here for Amazon Prime and you’ll get FREE two day shipping on most items you purchase.
Please keep an eye on these in the oven. I baked my Oven Fried Pickles at 450 degrees for about three minutes per side but you really need to watch them closely.
Easy Oven Fried Pickles with Chipotle Ranch
Your favorite restaurant style fried pickles in just minutes at home, and much healthier!
12 to 24 ounces sliced Spicy Pickle Chips (I insist on Claussen Spicy Pickle Chips!)
1/4 cup flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup of your favorite Ranch Dressing
1/2 tablespoon Adobo Sauce (from a can of Chipotle Peppers with Adobo Sauce.)
- Preheat Oven to 450 Degrees
- Line shallow baking sheet with foil, spray with Non Stick Spray.
- Drain sliced pickles on a paper towel and cover with another paper towel.
- Put flour in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Put Panko Crumbs in a third bowl with garlic powder and cracked pepper to taste.
- Dredge pickles in flour, then dip in egg mixture and roll in Panko.
- Place pickle chips on baking sheet.
- Bake for about three minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine Ranch Dressing and Adobo Sauce.
- Enjoy Fried Pickle Chips with Chipotle Ranch Dip!