Slow Cooker Ribs are so easy when your Slow Cooker does the work and they are finished on the grill. These are perfect for a holiday weekend when everyone is chilling by the pool and then starving at the end of the day! They are part of a special family celebration we have every year in our family.
Memorial Day weekend is so special for our family because our son Jhenya was adopted from Russia and came home to Atlanta on May 23rd, 2009, just before Memorial day.
We were supposed to gradually wean Jhenya off his Russian Orphanage diet of porridge, pasta, eggs and chicken, but he loved American food instantly! Ribs almost immediately became one of his favorite foods.
This recipe is one of the easiest for ribs and practically foolproof.
He and Nicholas love ribs!
But first, back to my recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecued Ribs Finished on the Grill.
Pork Spareribs are a lot less expensive than Baby Back Ribs or Beef Short Ribs; they often go on sale for around $2.99 per pound! They also freeze well if the container is sealed, so stock up when you find a good price! Even better are Country Style Ribs; they are bigger and meatier. Country Style Ribs are usually precut rather than packaged altogether in a rack.
I make a home made rub for my ribs but you could also grab a store bought variety.
Sprinkle the rub on the ribs with your hands.
Then, pop them into a slow cooker you’ve prepped with non-stick spray.
You can watch my video here! Please subscribe to my You Tube Channel!
The Last Step for Slow Cooker Ribs: Finish them on the Grill
After a few hours, finish your slow cooker ribs on the grill with your favorite Barbecue Sauce. I like Williamson Brothers, which has a restaurant near Atlanta. Delicious and reasonably priced! One of these days I’ll make my own but in the meantime, try the Carolina style. It’s my favorite!
We bought our grill on Amazon, believe it or not. As long as you have a Prime Membership, there are lots of free Two-Day Shipping options!
Baste on the grill, and you’re done!
Pair it with Quick and Easy Corn and Edamame Salad for an easy and festive cookout!
Slow Cooker Barbecued Ribs
By May 24, 2017Published:
- Yield: 12 to 14 Ribs (4 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 5 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 5 hrs 30 mins
Slow Cooking these easy low and slow ribs keeps them tender, then you finish them off on the grill.
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika Spanish Style
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Or more, to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder Or more, to taste
- Combine all the rub ingredients
- Trim fat and membrane off ribs. (If membrane is too hard to remove, just leave it on.)
- Sprinkle rub over ribs, then pat in gently. Patting is less messy than rubbing!
- Place ribs in slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours. If you don't have a slow cooker you can also put them in the oven covered with foil at 225 degrees for about 3 hours.
- Place on Grill over medium high heat, baste with your favorite barbecue sauce for about 5 minutes.