This is the one of the most fool proof ways to cook a turkey breast! It comes out of the slow cooker so succulent and juicy with the delicious flavors of wine and apples. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Marsala and Apples in the perfect winter comfort food. If you don’t have a breast you can also try it with legs and thighs!
This is such an easy way to cook a turkey breast without having to babysit it in the oven all day long! The combination of herbs, apples and wine give it a sweet and savory combination of flavors.
I’m serving Slow Cooker Turkey Marsala over noodles but you could also surround the bird with some halved or quartered potatoes for an easy peasy side dish.
To get rid of that Slow Cooker blandness I have some finishing tips I highly recommend you do 30 minutes before serving!
They include browning the bird in the oven at the end and thickening the sauce with some cornstarch or my go-to thickener, mashed potato flakes!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Marsala and Apples is a great meal to cook on a Sunday for lots of leftovers throughout the week. Click on the slow cooker tab to the right for more easy slow cooker recipes!
What are your favorite slow cooker recipes? I’d love it if you’d comment and share some links below!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Marsala and Apples
- 1 Turkey Breast, about 4 or 5 pounds. (Small enough to fit in slow cooker)
- 1 or 2 Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- 1 pkg Baby Portabella or other mushrooms
- One onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.2 teaspoonn pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, or more to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 Cup Marsala wine
- Fresh Parlsey
- 1/2 Cup Cream or Half and Half
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- About 1/2 Cup Mashed Potato Flakes (If needed to thicken sauce)
- Combine salt, pepper and spices
- Loosen turkey skin and rub spices on meat underneath skin
- Place Turkey in Slow Cooker
- Add wine, apples, onions and mushrooms..
- Cook on High Heat for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Test with Meat Thermometer. Breast is done when the thickest part registers 165 degrees.
- But, it's not REALLY done! Keep slow cooker on High Heat.
- The Turkey Breast will look like a big, white balloon unless you finish it off in the oven for about 20 minutes!
- While the breast is in the oven, don't turn off the slow cooker, leave it on High.
- To thicken the sauce:
- Add 1/2 Cup of Cream, Half and Half, or Fat Free Half and Half. (Or more than 1/2 Cup, up to you)
- Add some more Marsala plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped fresh parsley.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of sauce and stir in two tablespoons corn starch. Add it back to sauce.
- Repeat if you want it thicker.
- If you still want it thicker, try adding mashed potato flakes 1/4 cup at a time.
- Remover turkey from oven, let rest for about ten minutes and serve with Marsala Sauce.
- You can either spoon the sauce on top of the turkey or add the turkey to the sauce.